Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need your help/opinion.

Re: Need you help/opinion.

Sounds like a good plan to me!! I cut between the tendon and bone anyhow, that's typically where my doe tags go now. I process my own so I make that cut for hanging. I've always put them there, so my dumb luck doesn't come into play and the tag gets pulled off during the drag through the timber!

Cuts cost and hunters have to take 3 secs to make an extra cut, no big deal for the hunters to help out when we can. 2" shouldn't make to much difference anyhow, just might have to wrap lower on the leg.

Sounds reasonable to me /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

The smaller size for the tags sounds like a no brainer.

I would be more concerned with the sticky back on the licenses that we carry around for an entire year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The costs of the licenses will likely be passed directly on to the hunter and anglers as part of your license fee. Currently that is 50 cents. It will likely go up 50 to 75 cents to pay for the new system. I really don’t want to get into the cost discussion too deeply at this time or with this thread. </div></div>

I understand this is not the question or the issue at this time but...a nominal fee would also be "not an issue" for me.

50 cents I can handle....5 bucks...then I'm gonna commence to shoutin'... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

p.s....thanks for asking us our thoughts on the subject of tag size. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know Limb...if you would let the "moths" outta that wallet, you might have room for tags! ;\) </div></div>

Yea, well if I had your kinda money I would burn it... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Heck I can't afford to pay attention.

Sounds fine to me. My biggest problem with the current tagging requirements is having to place the transportation tag on the antler of bucks. Thus, any photos have this ugly tag in them unless you have your camera with you and someone to help with the pictures at the time you find your deer. So while your making this change can you have the DNR change the tagging requirement so that you have to place the transportation part of the tag on the rear leg of any deer harvested. Then you would have to place the harvest report tag on the antler of a buck and on the rear leg of a doe after you report it. That way you have until midnight the day after harvesting your buck to take all the photos you want without a tag being on the antler. Could this be done at the same time?

The change to require tagging the antlers was done in the legislature. It will take legislative action to change it again.

Hey Willie, will it be alright to trim the excess paper off the license so it fits bettr in the wallet? Not talking tag, just my combination hunting, fishing and fur beares license. I could see where trimming it could be a no no, altering an official document or something.

The 'Bonker

Yes you could trim the license to a smaller size so it would fit better.

Probably not financially feasible but I've always liked those little metal transportation tags that you put on/around a deers horns.

Smaller tags work for me as well. I still don't know why the DNR doesn't just put your hunting license on your drivers license when you purchase it each year. With the stripe on the back of the drivers license just swipe it into a computer in thier truck and they can see you have a license and habit fee. Less paper and more room in your wallet.
A metal band would be great but a small sticker isn't a problem!

i like the idea of a smaller tag.are they still going to give us two peices for one deer right now if i buy a doe tag they give you the paper you sign and the transportation tag one piece of paper for each deer is plenty for me

muddy,
You usually get the metal tags at a check station and someone (check station guy) actually attaches it to the animal after your license is cancelled.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">muddy,
You usually get the metal tags at a check station and someone (check station guy) actually attaches it to the animal after your license is cancelled. </div></div>

Figured that was the case, when I first saw this I was pretty young and watching a video from Alberta and they attached their metal bands to the horns. I thought it was the coolest. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

They have those in Nebraska as well and the guy put it on the hock because he didn't want to climb into the back of my truck... They are cool. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Heck I can't afford to pay attention. </div></div>

bs_sign.gif

Whatever.... you're like a living breathing EBAY....

"Hey, its been a year, time for the newest hottest bow."
or
"Hey! Who wants to buy my Double Bull? its 9 months old, time to upgrade!!!"

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I don't see a problem with the smaller size. My hunting/habitat fishing/ trout license gets pretty ragged by the end of the year. If that license is on sticky back paper, would we be able to stick it on another piece of paper to make it more durable and prevent it from sticking to something it shouldn't? Our courthouse gives us a little plastic ziploc bag for our tags and I could see that year-long license getting stuck to the inside of that bag and being hard to remove.

Top Bottom