Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New bill SF 2047

Just trying to make a little extra $$$$ so I can afford one of them NR licenses!:D:D

I think if you give Plasma twice a week for two and a half months it will
get you more than enough money to afford that tag if you really want one. :D:D

I really try to do information only posts any more. The only comment I have on NR fishing vs NR hunting (apples and oranges); hunting isn't catch and release, fishing can be. How many 41 inch muskies get caught and released and how many 150 inch deer are caught and released?

I really try to do information only posts any more. The only comment I have on NR fishing vs NR hunting (apples and oranges); hunting isn't catch and release, fishing can be. How many 41 inch muskies get caught and released and how many 150 inch deer are caught and released?

To that I would add we also can't, or at least don't, raise deer in a hatchery to be released when and where the population needs some help.

Bonk--I do see what you are saying, but we (MN) could easily restrict musky fishing in MN. There are few 40 plus inch fish--fewer than trophy bucks, maybe they should be available for residents only?

It has been discussed but I think they need the tourist $$$

Catch and release still kills a few fish.... but on the flip side need the tourist $$$ in our state, our small towns thrive because of it, we all seem to get along up here.

If I bought lakefront property in Minnesota, would I still be considered a nonresident when I go there to fish? Would I still be expected to follow the nonresident fishing rules and regulations?

If I bought lakefront property in Minnesota, would I still be considered a nonresident when I go there to fish? Would I still be expected to follow the nonresident fishing rules and regulations?

Yes, you can't be a resident in two states and there is no difference between resident and non-resident fishing rules and regulations here. You would be expected to bring a hot dish to the neighborhood BBQ!:)

Looks like it would be very confusing to enforce and I imagine if they are thinking it it will get tied to deer at some point. Iowa is hunting is full of loop holes already no need to introduce any more.

Yes, you can't be a resident in two states and there is no difference between resident and non-resident fishing rules and regulations here. You would be expected to bring a hot dish to the neighborhood BBQ!:)

Really? So my license fees would be the same as a resident? What if I bought the lake? Would I still have to pay the higher nonresident license fee or would I get some concession on that?

Maybe this is just apples to oranges...

Fishing licenses

Notice

Social Security Number collection information (Requirement for anyone buying hunting or fishing licenses. Does not apply to commercial licenses.)

Using this page: Click
check.gif
in the table below to find license agents, get applications or purchase licenses by phone or the Internet.

Note: Price does not include any additional fees charged ($1.00 agent fee).

Angling licenses are valid from March 1 through February 28 of the following year. Hunting licenses are valid from March 1 through February 28 of the following year. Please see regulations handbook for exact dates/times for specific licenses.
Resident Licenses | Non-Resident Licenses
Resident Licenses
Fee
header1.gif
header3.gif
header4.gif
header5.gif
Angling - 24-hour Code 110 (r)
$ 10.00
Angling - 3 year Individual - Code 141 (r)
$ 63.00
Angling - 72 Hour - Code 140 (r)
$ 12.00
Angling - combination (Married Couple) (r) - Code 112
$ 35.00
Angling - dark house rental (r) - Code 120
$ 30.00
Angling - dark house shelter (r) - Code 119
$ 15.00
Angling - individual (r) - Code 111
$ 22.00
Angling - military (r)
$ 0.00
Angling - Netting white tulibee herring (r) - Code 115
$ 10.00
Angling - spearing from dark house (r) - Code 113
$ 5.00
Angling Dark House 3 Year Rental (r) - Code 132
$ 87.00
Angling Dark House 3 Year - Code 131
$ 42.00
Angling Youth Ages 16 to 17 - Code 138 (r)
$ 5.00
Conservation combo angling (r) - Code 106
$ 23.00
Conservation individual angling (r) - Code 105
$ 15.00
Disability permit - angling/spearing permanent (r)
$ 0.00
Disability permit - angling/spearing special annual (r) - Code 107
$ 0.00
Fishing tournament license
$
Lifetime angling renewal (r) - Code 411
$ 0.00
Sports - combination (r) - Code 217
$ 52.00
Sports - individual (r) - Code 216
$ 38.00
Stamp - trout (validation & pictorial) - Code 129
$ 10.75
Stamp - trout validation - Code 128
$ 10.00
Stamp - walleye pictorial - Code 135
$ 5.75
Stamp - walleye validation - Code 134
$ 5.00
Stamps (collectable)
$ Various
Sturgeon tag (r) - Code 130
$ 5.00
Super Sports Combination - Code 143
$ 117.00
Super Sports Individual - Code 142
$ 93.00
Non-Resident Licenses
Fee
header1.gif
header3.gif
header4.gif
header5.gif
Angling - 14-day couple (nr) -Code 125
$ 48.00
Angling - 24-hour Code 139 (nr)
$ 12.00
Angling - 7-day (nr)- Code 126
$ 38.00
Angling - 72-hour (nr)- Code 127
$ 32.00
Angling - family (nr) - Code 124
$ 60.00
Angling - individual (nr) - Code 121
$ 45.00
Angling - shelter (nr) - Code 116
$ 37.00
Angling - shelter 7-day (nr) - Code 117
$ 21.00
Angling - spearing from dark house (nr) - Code 118
$ 15.00
Angling - Youth Ages16 to 17 or Youth own limit (nr) - Code 205
$ 5.00
Lifetime angling renewal (nr) - Code 415
$ 0.00
Stamp - trout (validation & pictorial) - Code 129
$ 10.75
Stamp - trout validation - Code 128
$ 10.00
Stamp - walleye pictorial - Code 135
$ 5.75
Stamp - walleye validation - Code 134
$ 5.00
Stamps (collectable)
$ Various
Sturgeon tag (nr) - Code 130
$ 5.00

Last edited:
"Twice" as much is relative. Twice as much of 1 is 2, 5 is 10 and 20 is 40. Don't think the extra 20 in Minnesota will break the bank. Iowa's NR deer tag is 20 times that, at 600 bucks, of a resident tag. A bit of a difference.

Last edited:
Bonk--I do see what you are saying, but we (MN) could easily restrict musky fishing in MN.

Not trying to be argumentative, but how can you control what bites on my night crawler? You can control when you release an arrow or pull a trigger.

Granted, if I was an NR fishing in MN and I hade a huge lure on my line chances are I'd be fishing for muskies not blue gills. Would the CO write me up for that? Hard to know, but there are examples of Iowa COs trying to write up hunters (one notorious NR) for deer hunting without a valid tag. The hunter(s) in question were bow hunting with rattling antlers, grunt calls and a bleat can. When questioned he (they) was coyote hunting. The hunter(s) did have valid NR hunting licenses so the judge threw the case out. How can you prove what a fisherman is fishing for or a hunter is hunting for unless they have fish on a stringer or deer on the ground?

"Twice" as much is relative. Twice as much of 1 is 2, 5 is 10 and 20 is 40. Don't think the extra 20 in Minnesota will break the bank. Iowa's NR deer tag is 20 times that of a resident tag. A bit of a difference.

Third time you have changed this answer. Gonna stick with this one?;)

Its okay, I know how unfair it seems to you. For most of us, it makes perfect sense. Moving on....

Not trying to be argumentative, but how can you control what bites on my night crawler? You can control when you release an arrow or pull a trigger.

Granted, if I was an NR fishing in MN and I hade a huge lure on my line chances are I'd be fishing for muskies not blue gills. Would the CO write me up for that? Hard to know, but there are examples of Iowa COs trying to write up hunters (one notorious NR) for deer hunting without a valid tag. The hunter(s) in question were bow hunting with rattling antlers, grunt calls and a bleat can. When questioned he (they) was coyote hunting. The hunter(s) did have valid NR hunting licenses so the judge threw the case out. How can you prove what a fisherman is fishing for or a hunter is hunting for unless they have fish on a stringer or deer on the ground?

You would be forced to release the musky. Where a resident could keep it, if it met the minimum length.

No way that would be an issue as you "could" be fishing for big northern pike.

My point is every state has limited resources, where do you draw the line??
Example--MN allows NR to buy bear tags for $230. In the county I hunt in NW MN you can draw every year!!! It's great bear country but there are only 25,000 bear in MN.

Personally it doesn't bother me, no sleep lost. It's just different, that's all I can say. Not trying to argue, I see and understand your perspectives as well.

Last edited:
Fletch, didn't mean to change the answer. I wasn't certain how many add ons residents had to pay in addition to buying an anysex or doe tag. I know the difference between R and NR is significant but didn't want to be inaccurate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom