Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Website !!!

Skip and Jarrod probably spent a lot of time and money trying to improve the site . And all they get for their efforts is a bunch of crying. I know everyone likes the old familiar, but I think everyone should give the new site a chance.

Skip and Jarrod probably spent a lot of time and money trying to improve the site . And all they get for their efforts is a bunch of crying. I know everyone likes the old familiar, but I think everyone should give the new site a chance.
They probably did, and I for one am thankful for their efforts. I'm sure when it launches next time we'll see a vast improvement to the functionality and features. Hopefully it includes a way to upload short videos and maybe a way to preview your post before actually posting.
The way it is now is pretty straightforward and really there's not much wasted space, I think that's what members like about this format. Top navigation contains everything you need, like/reply section is small.

Screenshot_20230428-210225_Chrome.jpg

Hopefully it includes a way to upload short videos and maybe a way to preview your post before actually posting.

Buckscrape, please would you elaborate on "way to preview your post before actually posting"? There currently is a "preview" button in the top right of the new post field... this just parses any BBCode you might have put in the post so you can see it rendered before posting the reply live. Is there something else you're looking to be able to see before you post a reply live?

Regarding the "upload short videos" ask, I don't see this ever happening... it's too easy to simply use YouTube to post a video, then embed it here. Youtube's servers are WAY more capable of handling the streaming bandwidth required for this kind of thing. Being setup as a video streaming server just wouldn't be practical for our use here when YouTube (or Vimeo) can serve this need extremely well. If you need help with how to put a video on YouTube and then add it to this site, let me know and I'll see if I can explain it for ya. Hint: if you don't want your youtube videos showing up on youtube but just want them available for viewing on this site, mark them "unlisted".

Thanks for pointing that preview icon out for me. Never knew what that was until now. Also, thanks for explaining how difficult it would be to set up video upload. I do have a YouTube account so I will use that in the future.
:)

For some reason sense the switch I can’t post from my apple computer. Post reply button is there but can’t type anything. Works fine from my phone and shows I’m logged in.

For some reason sense the switch I can’t post from my apple computer. Post reply button is there but can’t type anything. Works fine from my phone and shows I’m logged in.
make sure you didn't accidentally click the "preview" button in the top right of the reply field...that would deactivate it. That's the only thing I can think of offhand. I only use a Mac and things are working fine. If you can post more info, like a screenshot and your browser and browser version, that might help me troubleshoot.

make sure you didn't accidentally click the "preview" button in the top right of the reply field...that would deactivate it. That's the only thing I can think of offhand. I only use a Mac and things are working fine. If you can post more info, like a screenshot and your browser and browser version, that might help me troubleshoot.
Oh, now I see the problem. The website developer is running a Mac ;)

• Deleted by Hawk32
  • Reason: trying to post
Show…
This is what my screen looks like on laptop. Sorry not best but I can’t screenshot it and get it to post any other way.

Attachments

• IMG_5271.jpeg
    IMG_5271.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 72
This is what my screen looks like on laptop. Sorry not best but I can’t screenshot it and get it to post any other way.
Sorry, Hawk32, what is it I'm looking for in the screenshot? You mentioned you aren't able to reply to a post from your Mac laptop? Is that Chrome you're using on your airbook? I'll test mine from that in the meantime...
update: I did test it and was able to post just fine from Chrome on my Mac, FYI... give me some more details about your setup so I can examine further

I was on safari. Maybe that’s the issue. Won’t let me type in the text box. I can hit post reply and a warning saying no text comes up. I’ll try chrome when I’m back on laptop.

Works fine on Chrome. Guess I need to listen to an IT buddy and finally get into the 20th centrury and ditch Safari. Thanks for the help NextBuck

Works fine on Chrome. Guess I need to listen to an IT buddy and finally get into the 20th centrury and ditch Safari. Thanks for the help NextBuck
No problem! I will check on the Safari issue, though, because it should also work there... will figure it out.

No problem! I will check on the Safari issue, though, because it should also work there... will figure it out.
Testing a reply...this is from Safari...working fine for me. @Hawk32, let me know what version you're running...if it's really outdated, that might be the issue.
1683551551458.png

Top Bottom