Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Private Property Invasion

Actually Booner, I dont hunt anyones stands, but thanks for implying when I simply asked a question. I have 27 treestands, all on private ground. I have no need or desire to hunt anyones stands but my own. Besides, when filming, I always have to have 2 stands, so takes a lot more prep work... I simply asked a question, and you are the D bag that took it out of contex..thanks for that! Have a great day

27 stands huh? Can I come hunt with you all mighty deer killer? All on private land? You must kill absolute monsters huh? Do you film for real hunting too? HOLY SMOKES your my idol. SO much prep work to hang a double set, you must look like THOR? Man that monster 130 inch in your picture is soooooo big. All these harvest photos you show us is AWESOME. I've got to come up to osage and meet you. You are the best.

BTW I never implied of fighting either, your using your not so smart noggin and implying. I only stated I would have my way with you, (I would pry call you every name under the sun, and then since we're on public land and what's mine is yours, yours must also be mine and you'd be lucky enough to leave with your bow. :drink1:

Nice try though Lee, hope tiffany rubs your back tonight. :thrwrck:

I quit public land 6 years ago, I feel better and sleep better, lost weight and I do not have headaches in the fall.

27 stands huh? Can I come hunt with you all mighty deer killer? All on private land? You must kill absolute monsters huh? Do you film for real hunting too? HOLY SMOKES your my idol. SO much prep work to hang a double set, you must look like THOR? Man that monster 130 inch in your picture is soooooo big. All these harvest photos you show us is AWESOME. I've got to come up to osage and meet you. You are the best.

BTW I never implied of fighting either, your using your not so smart noggin and implying. I only stated I would have my way with you, (I would pry call you every name under the sun, and then since we're on public land and what's mine is yours, yours must also be mine and you'd be lucky enough to leave with your bow. :drink1:

Booner - Flugge is not the only one that read your post the same way, I did too. I find it highly ironic that you made a statement to the effect of this site going downhill, etc, but I see you as the combative one here. The post above is another example of that.

Hey I got a great idea! Let's take a perfectly good post by someone who has a legitimate question and turn it into a contest for who can be the biggest jerk on IW!! That sounds like so much fun! Look I can use more hurtful words than you so that must make me a better man right?? :rolleyes:

I hunt public land alot and have left stands at times. Never found anyone sitting in my stands but saw evidence of it. I wouldn't sit in anothers stand though.

Booner, way to make trash out of legitimate post and onother's legitimate question. I don't generally think having :drink1: at the end of a post is a put down or jab at a person. :thrwrck:This should be directed at yourself maybe?

I hunt public land alot and have left stands at times. Never found anyone sitting in my stands but saw evidence of it. I wouldn't sit in anothers stand though.

Booner, way to make trash out of legitimate post and onother's legitimate question. I don't generally think having :drink1: at the end of a post is a put down or jab at a person. :thrwrck:This should be directed at yourself maybe?

Are you kidding me? Tell me were my post explaining my opinion turned this into trash? ARE YOU FREIKEN KIDDING ME???? My freiken opinion is my opinion, people on this site who jump others peoples opinions are the ones who are trash. IF I HAD A STAND UP IN PUBLIC AND YOU SAT IN IT, I WHOOP YA, NO DOUBT. I PUT MY HARD EARN TIME IN AND THATS MY PROPERTY REGARDLESS. Im not out here trying to give other guys a free ride, even if it is on public land. This thread is absolutely ridiculous. I opoligize to the person who started it, but give me a break. Theres a reason the amount of "good" post on this site have decreased, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. We can no longer have a debate on here without someone's butt hurting the next day. Apparently a good ol country A$$ whooping for abusing MY property regardless of it being on public is a crime.

O and deer addict, this legitamate post of yours..........

Tim Hull When I hunt public land I use a climber and prepare the tree ahead of time and use GPS to locate the tree.[/QUOTE said:
Why didn't Mr. Hull get his A$$ jumped for an obvious no no explaining he PREPARES his trees ahead of time, any ethical rule abiding hunter would no that you can't do anything to any tree on public land, this includes breaking branches, trimming shooting lanes, using screw in pegs, etc etc. But then again, half the people who makes post like this obviously don't know the rules or weren't taught them.

:drink2:cheers to good hunting boys, keep up these awesome posts.

OK try and keep up. Your first post was just fine, infact much the same as my opinion to be honest, and in another trhead about this same type of issue, i said almost the same thing except we were talking about people stealing stands off public ground. If I cought someone steealing my set up, it's on.
Where you went wrong is when Flugge asked you a simple question, and infact put a little humor with it by adding the long time favorite beer drinking smiley, you proceed by ripping him a new one including calling him an idiot. CLASSY! Then you proceed to do it again in another post CLASSY X2!!!!
As to your question reguarding Mr. Hull's comment. I read in the regs no where that it says you cannot break branches off, so that is not an issue in my mind. Heck I have ran into a CO on public ground before when hanging a stand and broke twigs off right infront of him.

. I read in the regs no where that it says you cannot break branches off, so that is not an issue in my mind. Heck I have ran into a CO on public ground before when hanging a stand and broke twigs off right infront of him.

No you didn't

and no you didn't.......................:thrwrck:

STRAIGHT FROM THE 2012-2013 REGS
Blinds
A blind is a constructed place of concealment for
hunting, observing or photographing wildlife. You
may construct a blind on a game management area
using only the natural vegetation found in the area,
except that no trees or parts of trees other than willows
can be cut for that purpose. The use of such
blinds is on a first-come, first-served basis whether or
not you constructed the blind.
You cannot drive or otherwise place any nail,
spike, pin or any other object, metal or otherwise,
into any tree on a game management area to construct
a blind or to make access to a blind or to a
hunting location above the ground.
Portable blinds placed in trees and used for purposes
other than hunting waterfowl may be left on
an area for a continuous period of time from seven
days prior to the open season for hunting deer or wild
turkey to seven days after the final day of the respective
seasons. See p. 23 for deer blinds.

Yet again another internet know it all who actually doesn't know anything.

Last edited:
Really? Went through the regs on the IA DNR website before the last post, see nothing about "branches". Nails spikes, or anything metal is there, and I have known that for quite some time, but I see nothing about branches. I read about constructing a blind using natural vegitation, and I interpret that as making a blind on the ground such as a duck blind. Maybe it is there and I missed it, I don't know.
And broke branches infront of the CO? Oh yes I did. I talk to our CO allot, he is a good guy. We BS about hunting all of the time. His son plays baseball with mine. Have seen him in the timber quite a few times. Even walked one public area with him one fall. Nice, basicaly calling me a liar, called Flugge and idiot. I am done commenting, this is rediculous.

And yet more name calling, great guy you must be. Great to have a civil discussion....

Last edited:
Really? Went through the regs on the IA DNR website before the last post, see nothing about "branches". Nails spikes, or anything metal is there, and I have known that for quite some time. And broke branches infront of the CO? Oh yes I did. I talk to our CO allot, he is a good guy. We BS about hunting all of the time. His son plays baseball with mine. Have seen him in the timber quite a few times. Even walked one public area with him one fall. Nice, basicaly calling me a liar, called Flugge and idiot. I am done commenting, this is rediculous.

Your right, I'm done talking to such an ignorant dumba$$. Never did i call you a liar, only that your facts are completely wrong. and Yes they are very much wrong. Branches are limbs are trees are anything connected to the tree, of which can not be altered, broken, or cut. Trust me buddy, I worked for the DNR and county conservation for 4 summers. You never broke any branches off in front of a game warden, and if you did, well good for you your game warden wasn't conserned. But believe me, if they come into your set up and you did a bunch of trimming or breakiing of branches that will eventually kill the tree, you will be getting a sweet fat ticket and you will be replacing the tree. Its ignorant people like you that get a ticket and tell the game warden BUT BUT I DIDNT KNOW YOU COULDN'T DO THAT. :thrwrck:

Not gonna get in the middle this. But I don't know how you can say the site is going downhill. These kind of threads are more entertaining than ever!

blind is a constructed place of concealment for
hunting, observing or photographing wildlife. You
may construct a blind on a game management area
using only the natural vegetation found in the area,
except that no trees or parts of trees other than willows
can be cut for that purpose.

I dont cut the branches to conduct blinds. They are for shooting lanes. I am not hunting public anymore after 2 stands got stolen and I purchased my own property.

I dont cut the branches to conduct blinds. They are for shooting lanes. I am not hunting public anymore after 2 stands got stolen and I purchased my own property.

This post basically raps things up, I think I got dumber reading and trying to explain the law to you boys.

:way::way::way:

And Dunkin,
That hands down just made my day hahahaha

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Their may be a law stating such, but the one you quoted said "cut for that purpose" after mentioning blinds. I will do some more looking. Iowa Code Chapter 481, 482 and 483 pretty much cover all hunting regs. If you know the code section, I would love to see it. I know every code section that I typically enforce, if you worked for the DNR or whatever you should know the code section.

I couldn't find it in the compendium which lists the most highly used Scheduled Violations and Scheduled Fines. Something I am sure that Booner is familiar with since he worked so closely with law enforcement.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
I couldn't find it in the compendium which lists the most highly used Scheduled Violations and Scheduled Fines. Something I am sure that Booner is familiar with since he worked so closely with law enforcement.

I don't get what your trying to say by this? Or what your bashing at me working for the DNR is suppose to get at? I never claimed to be a know it all because i worked with them. I only stated that 4 summers worth of dealing with idiots, reading the hunting/fishing regs, and being around it all my life, has made be in my opnion vary familiar with Iowa's rule and regulatons. Its fairly obvious that so many who are internet know it alls ARENT. I know 100% that if you kill a tree on state property you could be fine as much as the value of that tree. Its as simple as that, if you cut a branch on a tree, and the CO wants to be a dick, he most def can and put the book to you. By you cutting shooting lanes, you are most def damaging a tree, theres no way around that.

Top Bottom