Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Roll'n in the Does Contest!

Limb Chicken

Rollin in the Does!

Iowawhitetail.com is proud to announce the first ever Roll'n in the Does contest. All registered members are eligible for this contest.

There are two categories, the most and the biggest (please include a picture of each harvest). Members are asked to submit scores based on the Big Mama Scoring System.

This contest is for fun and to promote the harvesting of more antlerless deer. Contest prizes for the winner of each category will include an iowawhitetail.com hat, t-shirt, a dozen arrow wraps and sticker.

Have fun!
waytogo.gif

excellent. so, do you want pictures taken of each measurement or just a picture of the doe??

Just of each doe that is harvested...
waytogo.gif

If anyone has a hard time posting pictures just email them to me and I will take care of them.
evil.gif

Great idea, it sounds like we should have a great deal of fun with this one. I though about posting a picture of my wife with measurement but decided that maybe going too far with the fun. Besides, who cares about my wife’s hoof, ear and neck size but me?
busted.gif
evil.gif

This will be alot of fun. I need to thin out quite a few on one tract and a ton on the other. Now is there separate categories for gun and bow? Not being a gun hunter, I am at a disadvantage for at least three does, the rest, I can handle and keep up with with my bow. I'll be at Cabelas this weekend in KC, Maybe I should pick up a bunch of arrows.....

Ironwood, I hope your wife doesn't see your post.
brick[1].gif
The only measurements that will be needed in your house will be for your coffin!
bigshock.gif

Alright, now that's what I'm talking about. This is guaranteed to be a whole lot of fun.
peace.gif

Rack, your are right on. Ironwood is a much braver man than I am. The misses might issue unlimited Ironwood tags this fall.
kickass.gif

I'm ready to doe......
waytogo.gif

That's my kind of contest. Look out boys, there's a new sheriff in town.
busted.gif

Hey Limb,
Do we pinch the tail for a proper length measurement?
893smileystooges-thumb[1].gif

This one's already stretchin' out to get measured up.Photo taken on the 22nd of Aug. and she's just practicing to be made famous this Fall--Nice LOINS AYE!!!
laugh.gif
Now if I could just get her to put all 4 feet on the scale I could practice catch and release and send you a photo of the scale modle replica.

Attachments

• 30542-doe alive.jpg
    30542-doe alive.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 81
This reply is a little slow but just wanted you all to know that I think I am safe. The Mrs knows me all to well!!
893footinmouth-thumb[1].gif

Doemaster,

Pinching tails is fine as long as it is approved by the spousal unit...
bigshock.gif
evil.gif

Glad you guys like the contest... I think it will be simple and fun.
waytogo.gif

Sounds like a hoot! 'Bout time we thin out the damn doe herds... When is the DNR going to figure out how to administer the new Feed The Prisoners bill that was passed??? They ought to pay for the processing, and reduce or eliminate the price of anterless tags.
sniper.gif
threaddevil.gif
waytogo.gif
2guns.gif

We didn't have the scoring system last weekend when my husband shot his doe, but you should have seen her. She was so fat it took he and I 20 minutes to get her up in the truck. Her belly kept getting hung up on the tailgate (he won't field dress deer where he hunts). I just laughed the entire time and you know how much strength you have when you're laughing!!!!! The guy at the locker said he bet she weighed at least 170+ pounds. She was as big as a buck and her stomach was the size of two basketballs and just crammed full of acorns, corn, alphalfa, clover, etc. She'd have been a contender for sure, but there is a bright side. There might be a little food left over for the bucks. Good luck everyone!

do we have any entries yet Limb?? i passed on a decent doe tonite. i just couldn't shoot her with her 2 fawns right there!! besides, sunday night, i'd have to take monday off from work to skin, quarter, & butcher.
grin.gif

this is sorta bad, i looked at her and thought, she won't score good on the big mamma scoring system, i'd better pass her up and go for a bigger trophy!!

muddy and all...

No we do not have any entries... You guys and gals have got to get on the stick here...
busted.gif
Print out the scoring sheet and stick it in your hunting pack... I know it is hard to remember but so far the first entry will be the winner...
evil.gif

Sorry
crazy.gif
, I haven't been on the site for a while and forgot about the doe contest. I got one opening afternoon - from the ground at about 8 yards. I was actually leaving my stand a little early and luckily kept my release attached to my wrist. I was on the edge of the timber, she was in the field with a fawn, spike and two sparring forkys and they couldn't tell what I was because of the dark backdrop of the woods behind me. As she got closer I drew with her looking right at me and stomping her foot. What a rush! I have plenty of tags left, so I will be sure to post my next picture!

here's the first entry as far as i can tell...

hooves 3, 2 7/8, 2 6/8 , 2 7/8
ears 7 1/8, 7
neck 14 4/8
nose to tail 67 1/8

think the total is around 107 2/8

i think.

Attachments

• 34701-DoeNo.jpg
    34701-DoeNo.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 69
Top Bottom