Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Roll'n in the Does Contest!

Hi,
I shot this big doe yesterday afternoon in the 40 mph wind and the snow. I was doing a spot and stalk and this is what I came up with. This doe was with a yearling. The yearling was bedded down and the doe was standing at 60 yrds. Well I shot the doe and she ran about 10 yards and piled up. Well the yearling stayed bedded down for about 2 mins. like nothing happened then she got up and ran over to her mom and started running in circles around her. I was weird. I got tired of waiting for the yearling to leave but she wouldnt so I started walking toward her. I got to within 30 yards befor she decided to run off. I could have shot her to if I had another tag.
I measured her up for the Big Mama Contest and this is what I came up with... Length 71 6/8
Neck 15 5/8
Hoof LF 3 6/8
RF 3 6/8
LR 3 3/8
RR 3 3/8
L Ear 7 4/8
R Ear 7 3/8
Total 116 4/8
I was glad I was able to drive within 20 yards of her because I was by myself! It wasnt much fun trying to get her in the bed of the truck though. Well Good luck To all of the 2nd season Shotgunners.
web page web page

damn, i knew i'd be dethroned eventually. that just means i'll have to shoot a bigger one during late season. good job Toby!!

don't know if that green vest is legal Toby, better hope that Limb doesn't get nitpicky on the rules!!
nono.gif

Sorry I had to dethrown you MUDDY
biggun.gif
I wish I would have measured the one that I shot durring bow season because she was bigger than this one in body size but I figured what the heck Muddy cant hold the title the whole deer season so I measured her. Im gad I did!!!
laugh.gif
I still have 3 doe tags left yet also. One is my 3rd archery tag and the other 2 are for special late season. Who knows we'll see. Well good luck to ya muddy!!

Well I filled my last bow tag at 4:50PM today, 1-10-04. I thought I would measure her for the fun of it. Came up with a 111 3/4. Not good enough win here but it was a sweet hunt and a great way to finish the season.

BowHuntn Fool but he got disqualified because of he 8 hat he had on in the picture...
evil.gif

oldgene won the most because of the picture.

By the way you guys got to send me a PM with your information so I can send your prizes.

Congrats to you two and we are doing it again this year!
waytogo.gif

Limb Chicken,I have not been on the site for that long,So can you clue me in a little.What rules are with the contest?If I need to join PMA I can do that.It sounds like alot of fun.
grin.gif

I can't wait for this contest to start this year. My area of Iowa has a special Archery Only Antlerless hunt at a nearby lake. They wanted 50 archery hunters to do this, but only 14 of us certified with our bows and the certifications are done and special tags already locked and secured by...14 archers. They are not allowing any more than those that have certified and the great new is that for those of us that fill both Doe tags, we will be the onyl ones eligible for one special Buck tag for the following season! Woohoo! Git-R-Done! I have both of those tags purchased, along with my regular Either Sex tag and 2 more does tags. I know that Boatman qualified for this special hunt also. The good thing is that we can hunt through shotgun season due to the restricted area. I will guarantee ya that I will be wearing plenty of orange though to and from my stand!

Way to go muddy.. I am in on the doe hunt!! Might try and go out tonight. Just a little warm here in Omaha. (supposed to be 92 today)

Since I am new to the board and want to ask if I can enter my dog size deer down here in Florida
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
For me I can shoot 2 per day everyday for the entire bow season. Can I add up 2 scores to even come close to competing with your stud nannies???

Top Bottom