Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rotary Tiller?

TallTines

I am looking to get a rotary tiller but i am not sure which one to get.

Is one better than another for these things?

I would like to get a 60" + Tiller.

Anyone know where i could pick one up cheap?

talltines,
the tractor supply 72 inch has worked good for me.
their stuff is good for the money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TallTines</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am looking to get a rotary tiller but i am not sure which one to get.

Is one better than another for these things?

I would like to get a 60" + Tiller.

Anyone know where i could pick one up cheap? </div></div>

Here's a link to previous questions about tillers and there "links to links" in that thread! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Tiller ??

There is a wide range in quality and price just like with tractors but I haven't really heard of major problems with any of them.

Mine happens to be a Kubota that has endured years of beating it to death ad it still keeps on ticking. Needs new tines just because I have plumb worn the out and I broke a few welds but after 15 years something is bound to give.

I use a 60" King Kutter Gear Driven that I purchased at TSC. I'm really not sure what it would take to break this thing, I've really ran it through the ringer the last few years and it just keeps on going.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: midwestfoodplots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use a 60" King Kutter Gear Driven that I purchased at TSC. I'm really not sure what it would take to break this thing, I've really ran it through the ringer the last few years and it just keeps on going. </div></div>

One thing that always concerns me is being able to get parts when I need them. I have a KK finish mower and a spindle bearing assembly went out on is yesterday.

I was pleasantly surprised when I called TSC and they had it in stock. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I also found that you can order KK parts direct as well...good to know! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

King Kutter Tillers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: midwestfoodplots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use a 60" King Kutter Gear Driven that I purchased at TSC. I'm really not sure what it would take to break this thing, I've really ran it through the ringer the last few years and it just keeps on going. </div></div>

Terry, did you say you used that King Kutter tiller on the ground we saw last weekend? Guys, parts of this place were more rocks, and I mean BIG rocks than dirt. If the King Kutter can take that, well, it should be able to cut through roots and rocks with no problem. I'm impressed. The ground was old overburden from a limestone quarry. Grows great alfalfa.

The 'Bonker

I also use the KK 60" tiller. I did have the clutch pads go out after some heavy use in a timbered food plot but it was cheap and easy to fix.

I have a KK 60" also. The paint on most KK stuff sucks but the tiller is built like a tank, I've had no problems with mine.

I have a 73" Deere. Have only had it for 2 years so I don't have any good stories of years of pounding its taken but I've had no problems with it....and have tilled about 25 acres with it in that time.

According to my local Kubota dealer the other day, Kubota doesn't make tillers anymore but they use Land pride tillers. Land Pride will paint the tiller to match your tractor too. Wether its green, blue, orange, or red. Makes for a sharp looking outfit.

You get a tiller Adam, and I'll give you a good place to put it to the test. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif We can see what it will do with tree roots.

Just seen today that Farm-n-fleet has a King Kutter 60" for $1350. Sounds like a decent price if there as good as people say. Otherwise I bet we could "demo"/rent one pretty cheap.

Top Bottom