Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

special season passes

doe tags should be good for the entire deer season. buy a doe tag in oct, use it for bow, shotgun, muzzle, late jan seasons until its full. tags should cost about $5 each. atleast in counties south of i-80

what needs to be done that would help the doe harvest alot is to allow tags from the shotgun seasons to be used in the late doe season. that would help out alot but of course then theres less money coming in because people dont have to buy more tags for that season. this just goes to show you what the big boys care about more: controlling the deer population or money. and the answer is money. otherwise this plan would have already been passed.

The only beef I have with the extended season is that we can't shoot a buck. I purchased my any sex tag for 27 bucks when I could've gotten a doe tag for 12 bucks. I just think that if I was able to shoot a buck during first season, I should be entitled to during this special season since that's what the tag is good for. I'm all about management, and I take part in harvesting as many does as I can each year both during bow season and in January. If one of the 2 big bucks comes cruising down the deer trail while I'm hunting this special season I just think I should be able to take him with my any sex tag. I obviously won't if the situation presents itself as I'm an ethical person and hunter, maybe I'll just sit with both my shotgun and my bow. Thoughts? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SEIowaDeerslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I obviously won't if the situation presents itself as I'm an ethical person and hunter, maybe I'll just sit with both my shotgun and my bow. </div></div>

Whether I agree or disagree right now is irrelevant the season is set and so are the rules. If I was worried about that happening I would definitely take the bow with me. That buck might come down that trail with all the pushing going on and you will want to have a useable any sex tag. Good luck and hope you are able to tag him.

I have called the wallace building to speak with someone and got nothing, the first time I was able to talk to one of the ladies at the desk who could only tell me things will be ok. Tomorrow I will call and try to talk to our govenor. Who is liable if a bowhunter is killed (God forbid) because they were not seen??

If all fails then I will take a new approach. I will try to see if we can have a FLAME THROWER season, that way I can KILL it and COOK it at the same time. The DNR makes me sick.

Weather is in my area is not looking too great for Saturday of the special Season!! I am taking Friday off, which looks to be great. Hopefully the Deer will be moving knowing weather is coming..
Wx_Image6.JPG

i havent read all of the threads but where i live alot of out of state hunter own alot of the ground.all the does go over there during season and dont get shot.1500 acres can hold alot of does during gun season with all of the food plots.and how many does do you think they are killing.if they shoot one apeice thats not enough does and most wont let other hunters go in even if it is just to shoot does.with out of state hunters they cant get the doe tags we can.in some areas maybe thats the reason doe numbers are up.i can take you to a place where in the evening you will see over 150 does on one little road but i cant hunt there.
just my thoughts where i live

Top Bottom