Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

To catch a thief...

Pretty sure chips like HOME AGAIN by Schering-Plough r able to track the animal.

Looks like the way to catch a person that is covering his bases is to get a camera that sends the pic to you right away so you know he is there and can swoop in with helicopters.

Looks like a younger guy with lots of spunk to me.

But that wouldn't allow you to track the antler? They scan the dog after they find it lost and it tells them all the info about it... those chips don't track the animal and tell them where it is, correct? They're just used for ID'ing a lost animal?

If the guy is caught with the chipped shed, NAILED HIM!!! :drink2:

I believe guys like this are in it for the thrill thats why he dos'nt take the cameras he wants you to know he is doing it.Further more I bet its someone yall know or he somehow knows of yall.1 of yall need to circulate a false story of a monster buck still packing bone seen in a spacific area then set back and wait for greed and arrogance to kick in.

My in-law's neighbor has a company that installs tracking devices in golf balls. I'm sure the same can be done with an antler.

That would be perfect, then forget the cops, piss pound his a##.

Seeing that thief on those pics with a mask on just pisses me off for you dbltree.

It's only a matter of time before his actions catch up with him somehow.

Oh...and I'd say it's the same guy in the pic from last year...same build, same area, mask, can't prove it, but I'd say it's him.

He has to have a vehicle parked somewhere. I would ask around to see if anyone saw any strange cars/trucks in the area and then try to get a lisc plate #. Hope you get him Paul!

He has to have a vehicle parked somewhere. I would ask around to see if anyone saw any strange cars/trucks in the area and then try to get a lisc plate #. Hope you get him Paul!

Or a partner that will drop him off and pick him up. That is why I suggested the cash reward idea. Make it worthwhile for the partner(s) to turn the guy in for a cash reward. If you can't catch the thief, at least plant some doubt in his mind that he could get caught via his potential accomplice(s) and/or the accomplice(s) may see some reward pictures posted up of their friend/husband at the local Casey's, etc, and get the guilts...

I would just about guarantee you that if he is clever enough to wear a mask, etc, he is not parking his vehicle where it would be clearly visible to others. This guy is devious, but smart, Paul mentioned in the original post that he has information that this guy is targeting farms with good bucks, etc. That also suggests to me that this guy is a thinker.

How much are those chips?? I absolutely know of people that would go in for some sort of a sting operation.

If you go with the chipped antler method it might not be a bad idea to get intouch with the CO or sheriffs and let them know what is coming their way... just answer any questions they may have and they might have some help for you too... then "hunt" away for this dude!

If you go with the chipped antler method it might not be a bad idea to get intouch with the CO or sheriffs and let them know what is coming their way... just answer any questions they may have and they might have some help for you too... then "hunt" away for this dude!

I used one to catch someone stealing cameras from me one year. I couldn't get any cooperation from local law enforcement. They told me since it was not their device, they would not follow through on it. Worked great though. I could look at the internet and see exactly where it was. Upfront cost was $400-500, but that was a couple years ago. Probably cheaper now. I had to sign a 1 year cell contract at $30/month as well. Money well spent, but I could not get law enforcement on board even if I showed them on the internet exactly where it was at.

You know, I realize that guys like this just suck, but then again, you guys also have to think, they see pictures on here, and say " Oh geez, maybe I should wear a mask" Thats the only downfall, is sadly we are just teaching them the ways to get away with it easier... Because now the guy in the picture is pry reading this post, laughing thinking he is getting away with it. Next time they will see a shed and glass the area for a camera and see if it has an antenna to send a picture, and if so, he will avoid that one. Hate to say it, but its just how it seems to be going. I agree, its a crock of s#it and he should be on his own ground, but some people are just way to greedy

Hope you nail him to the wall!!! That's absolutely one of the most rediculous things I've ever seen ... wearing a stupid mask and full camo to shed hunt! He's obviously a coward, or he wouldn't be worried about showing his face.

-Longspurs-

I used one to catch someone stealing cameras from me one year. I couldn't get any cooperation from local law enforcement. They told me since it was not their device, they would not follow through on it. Worked great though. I could look at the internet and see exactly where it was. Upfront cost was $400-500, but that was a couple years ago. Probably cheaper now. I had to sign a 1 year cell contract at $30/month as well. Money well spent, but I could not get law enforcement on board even if I showed them on the internet exactly where it was at.

I don't understand this at all? Someone stole something from you and law enforcement wouldn't help? Can anyone from law enforcement explain this to us?

I don't understand this at all? Someone stole something from you and law enforcement wouldn't help? Can anyone from law enforcement explain this to us?

Nope, they really didn't care much about a few hundred dollars in trail cameras being stolen. They were very professional, filled out a report, asked me if I had serial numbers, which I did not, and that was about it. Quite honestly, they have much bigger fish to fry. I'd rather have them chasing meth heads than spending tax dollars catching some punk kid on my property. I came up with the idea about the gps tracking system and asked them if they would prosecute. They really didn't want to spend much time with me, so I just went about it on my own. I could tell exactly where my camera was at from an internet website. The problem was that no judge was going to issue a search warrant based on my information, and the county sherrifs department wasn't going to spend $1000 on equipment to catch someone stealing a few hundred dollars in cameras. It was worth it to me, so I went for it. Still have the tracking device if someone wants to use it, but to be honest I would not be advertising it on an internet message board if you really want to catch someone.

The advertising part I was talking about was placing a tracking device in a camera. Posting pictures of theives and tresspassers is a great idea. I think everyone should post every picture they get!

Nope, they really didn't care much about a few hundred dollars in trail cameras being stolen. They were very professional, filled out a report, asked me if I had serial numbers, which I did not, and that was about it. Quite honestly, they have much bigger fish to fry. I'd rather have them chasing meth heads than spending tax dollars catching some punk kid on my property. I came up with the idea about the gps tracking system and asked them if they would prosecute. They really didn't want to spend much time with me, so I just went about it on my own. I could tell exactly where my camera was at from an internet website. The problem was that no judge was going to issue a search warrant based on my information, and the county sherrifs department wasn't going to spend $1000 on equipment to catch someone stealing a few hundred dollars in cameras. It was worth it to me, so I went for it. Still have the tracking device if someone wants to use it, but to be honest I would not be advertising it on an internet message board if you really want to catch someone.

So you couldn't prosecute the guy cause the police didn't want to get involved BUT... What did you do, how did you handle it? Vigilante justice? If you burnt the guy's house down or something, obviously you don't need to post that BUT I'd love to hear how it went down?!?!?!
How much would you want for that chip, etc?

MK M GOBL- I looked online- WOW, you are right, there's lots of options. Folks can do a search- GPS TRACKING DEVICE, WATERPROOF, SMALL for example. GREAT STUFF! I'm looking into this because I'm doing this next summer/fall and shed season!!!

Top Bottom