Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Two Hitlist Bucks

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
I agree way more than 7in of nontypical. He looks like lots of room to grow I think you will be short on tine length too. His mass may surprise you too.

I just cant get over the mass of those main beams! sure some deer have palmation, but the overall thickness of his beams and tines is truly incredible! if you took 100 random bucks that scored 200" he would be in the top 5 most impressive every time in my opinion! As a true whitetail fanatic I will say he is not only a 200" he's 100 times better than that! one in a million would be a major understatement for this deer! please keep us updated as you get more pictures as he develops.

I too like to rough score a deer once it's on the ground and ocasionally play the guessing game of score by game camera picture, but this deer is so cool and has so much character, who cares what the hell it scores....get em dead......drink lots of beer while telling ur buds about the hunt...

If I seen him coming, i would probably fall out of the treestand! I bet he's over 200'' if it even matters.

Well, I plastered the farm with cameras and I did get pictures of Earl on two of the cameras. I am getting a pretty good idea where he is coming from. Hung 3 more cameras this evening.

He put on a lot of tine length over the last 2 weeks.

5846-sunp04761024x768.jpg

5846-sunp04751024x768.jpg
5846-hunt0119.jpg

Going to be 200+ easily. Love seeing a buck like this on camera this often. Really hope you can connect with him this fall. 60 more long days until bow season

That's a big deer man. Ill stand corrected, put me one the 200 ship.

About time! :way:

Many of the bucks I've been getting pictures of have grown a TON in the past 2wks....

Earl is awesome. How many cameras do you have on the farm he's on now? I know you know what you're doing, but keep in mind to not pressure him too much and scare him off.....keep those cameras in low intrusive spots. Like I said, I don't doubt that you are already doing that, I would just hate to see him get skiddish and leave for somewhere he feels would be 'safer.'

Last edited:
I have 8 cameras on the farm and they are all on the edge of the farm. I have a pretty good idea where he is bedding and is also why all the pic I have of him are at night.

Wow, earl is a show stopper!!!

You surely get two tags right? I'd have a hard time passing the first one if he is as old as earl is...

I'm curious to what your numbers are now?

I'd add 5 inches of junk per side and at least 10 to his tines and those numbers probably are still conservative.

I try to be very conservative in my estimates of deer. The same goes for age. I'd rather think he's 4.5 when he's 5.5 as opposed to think 4.5 and he's 3.5.

I have 8 cameras on the farm and they are all on the edge of the farm. I have a pretty good idea where he is bedding and is also why all the pic I have of him are at night.

Erick

I hope you get him! I have the same thing except my deer is pushing 170 instead of 200+. I got the pattern down and 4 years of pictures and now its time to close the deal!! Good Luck!!!!!!

Al I can say is Wow! Hopefully we see you on the cover of North American Whitetail next year! Best of luck!

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom