Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whats the hot setup for homebrews now?

I do not have an eBay account nor do I have a PayPal account. I was probably looking at the same P41's as HuntCrazy just now! I was going to have a co-worker who has the accounts start bidding on a couple for me.

I also called some camera stores to see if they had any used Sony P41's. No luck there.
frown.gif

The trick is to get a great used set up that is already made for you. Right Ironwood!
grin.gif
grin.gif
I would love to take on this project as well, but must admit I fear the hacking part of it.
smirk.gif

The hardest part is the camera hack. I will probably offer that for a fee. That way you would not even have to buy a soldering iron. Look for some more information soon

[ QUOTE ]
The hardest part is the camera hack. I will probably offer that for a fee. That way you would not even have to buy a soldering iron. Look for some more information soon

[/ QUOTE ]

That's sounds like a winner to me!
waytogo.gif

Vman,
I think this project is a great idea. I just hope we don't triple the price of the camera's.
I would be in if I can find the parts.
BOWDUDE

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, my 1st P41 is on its way. Please let us know what you come up with for your hacking service. I cant wait to get started!

Sounds good.
What im thinking is, send me the camera and the bg2. Ill send you back the camera and board all soldered up ready to go. The price will be $45 and that will include shipping back to you plus the parts i need to hack the cam. I would like to do it for less but its to easy to screw up a cam.

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to do it for less but its to easy to screw up a cam.

[/ QUOTE ]

And thats why us dummies would be happy to pay it!
grin.gif

I copied this list by Ironwood from Dbltree's link:
-P41
-BG2
-Pelican 1060 case
-flash enhancer
-round glass for shutter hole
-shutter assembly
-3 wire servo
-two u-bolts
-9 volt battery holder
-some very firm packing foam for camera shelf, waxy type

Is there something here that we do not need to order if using your service? I'm guessing the shutter assmebly and 3 wire servo thingamajig?

i'm running 4 BG1 and P41 setups.. had 5 sold one.. I put all mine in a 1040 case but you have to grid the sides alittle, i put the camera facing towards the deep part, BG1 on the bottom,I then use the small cable locks

[ QUOTE ]
look for a post this weekend detailing what you need. IT will detail everything
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang..I better get busy! TP is gonna have his built before I get all the "pieces of the puzzle"!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i'm running 4 BG1 and P41 setups.. had 5 sold one.. I put all mine in a 1040 case but you have to grid the sides alittle, i put the camera facing towards the deep part, BG1 on the bottom,I then use the small cable locks

[/ QUOTE ]

Carll- I was looking at cases too. I was thinking of doing a pipe-through cable design because it looks clean and seems like it would be easier to attach to a tree. Possibly more secure also? Do you think there is enough room in a 1040 case for a pipe-through design?

Dbl- I wouldnt get too worried about getting left behind, I'm waiting on the list before I order anything else. Alot of that stuff looks very cheap so I might order some extras. I tend to break stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to break stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to "lose" stuff...so extras seems like a good idea
confused.gif
grin.gif

thats how all mine are, pipe through the middle of the case..lots of room very clean and easy to put the cable lock though. Use the cable lock for a strap while your carring the camera to the woods too.
grin.gif
the big monster i got on camera last year is dead. i just found out this week someone shot him
frown.gif

Top Bottom