Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

From the stand

I certainly will! The camera isn't right over the den it ran into but it's within 20 ft or so at the closest tree. Not sure how I will feel walking in and out in the dark with a bow. May also do a carcass cam here after shotgun season is over

Last edited:
Just before 3:00 I could hear some loud grunting headed my way. Got all ready to go and it was a young buck maybe 100" chasing a doe. Now back to some serious euchre on my phone

Have fun playing euchre while the kitty is sneaking up to see how your card game is going!!!

Haha thanks! Had 1 for at dusk. Little action today outside the lion. I didn't sit the same property as I saw the lion on (2 miles away ) still close enough it was pretty sketchy walking out in the dark

Deer really haven't been moving much since last Friday for me. I saw nothing tonight and had seen only a few the previous two nights right at dark. Last week on the 25th, 26th & 27th the plots were covered in deer...according to the cams. Now all movement seems to be 3am...

Will/would you shoot the cat given the opportunity?

Absolutely I know this is a topic that ruffles some feathers. But there are grandkids that play not 100 yards from where this was. Would feel terrible of something ever happened. Not to mention he would look pretty cool on a pedistal :)

Deer really haven't been moving much since last Friday for me. I saw nothing tonight and had seen only a few the previous two nights right at dark. Last week on the 25th, 26th & 27th the plots were covered in deer...according to the cams. Now all movement seems to be 3am...

I had a ton of daylight pics around then as well. Next time I'll be out with a bow in my hand will be after Xmas. I'll update this thread with gun season as well. Goodluck everyone who will be out this weekend. Be smart and safe and kill that giant!

I would be killing that mountain lion and forgetting deer. Take some pics of the den if u get a chance.

I would be killing that mountain lion and forgetting deer. Take some pics of the den if u get a chance.

If Edna (land owner) didn't have pets I would get someone to put traps around there ( it's pretty close to her house). I'll be there Saturday for shotgun- I'll take some pictures of it then.

This property needs to be predator hunted very badly this winter. There was coyote dens EVERYWHERE. Edna regularly sees Bobcats (we had one run up on us shed hunting last year as well) and now this guy. Can't believe there are as many deer there as there are.

Absolutely I know this is a topic that ruffles some feathers. But there are grandkids that play not 100 yards from where this was. Would feel terrible of something ever happened. Not to mention he would look pretty cool on a pedistal :)

Don't forget to put a motion sensor in it hooked to a sound system to make it "meow" or "purrr" when someone walks by! Man how I would love that!

I had a ton of daylight pics around then as well. Next time I'll be out with a bow in my hand will be after Xmas. I'll update this thread with gun season as well. Goodluck everyone who will be out this weekend. Be smart and safe and kill that giant!

I was only able to get out the afternoon of the 28th last week, and had 7 or 8 does/fawns out in a clover field from 2:00 to 4:15ish. No bucks. Stalked as close as I thought I could get undetected, but didn't have any come close.

haha well if I get the lion down- that may very well happen stickers!

Had to share a few pics from a great couple of days- got my jerky and sticks back from Zebs- AMAZING!! saw another great sunrise the other morning - and I had to include the score of all scores at hy vee- crazy amount of AE egg nog!!

10430429_821665314724_4229689835434444144_n.jpg

10377545_821529392114_3037442453944430029_n.jpg

10730970_821345201234_5414642406565063883_n.jpg

All settled in the cabin- free stands picked- ready to go. Will update tomorrow - should be an action packed day from both the stands and pushes. Good luck all- be safe and shoot straight!

Good luck BDAHMS...I enjoy following your thread. Shoot straight, and stay safe out there!

NWBuck

Top Bottom