Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Here's My Solution to the Problems Raccoons Cause

Seafood cat food n a jar of cherries worked awesome for us. I hope someone tells a definite start date of this in Iowa.

I hope someone tells a definite start date of this in Iowa.
I consider myself somewhat of a Google search wizard and this proved challenging, took at least 10 minutes to find. June 7th was the start date

Cat food in dog proof traps is the ticket. Mini marshmallows for eye catching appeal

I believe it’s go time now!!! With laws.
We’ve done depredation for: AG seed damage, orchard damage, etc. We did it during nesting time. & rest of year. I still get maybe 6 a week-ish. Big area…. Pry 500 dead in last 365 days? Very few coons or possums on farm. Density is close to “endangered species”. ;). :).

I bought the only 2 dog proofs theisens had yesterday and set them. Was two for two this morning and ordered another 10 traps. Fun and beneficial.

• Deleted by muddy
Show…
Haven’t started on raccoons yet but they are pushing me. They are removing the drain plugs on a hog waterer, guess they want a fresh drink. Put some chunks of concrete in the waterer to stop them, placed pavers in front of the drain holes in case they are reaching up there. Seeing piles of raccoon crap full of mulberries.

Lost the cucumbers to groundhogs, replanted as I trapped them. 3 adult females and 4 young in just over a week. The trip wire got broke off one coniber, replaced it with the stiff wire from a survey flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven’t started on raccoons yet but they are pushing me. They are removing the drain plugs on a hog waterer, guess they want a fresh drink. Put some chunks of concrete in the waterer to stop them, placed pavers in front of the drain holes in case they are reaching up there. Seeing piles of raccoon crap full of mulberries.

Lost the cucumbers to groundhogs, replanted as I trapped them. 3 adult females and 4 young in just over a week. The trip wire got broke off one coniber, replaced it with the stiff wire from a survey flag.

What are you using for bait on the groundhogs?

So I’ve been trapping around my chicken coop for the last 2 years straight (onto year 3 now)- the first year was relentless. Year 2 wasn’t so bad but still consistent enough. This year so far has almost been non existent. I’ve seen 5 hen turkeys with poults and several hen pheasants that hatched out. I am just going to expand my zone now

We use both Duke and Z-traps. The Z-traps are nice because the trigger is 2-way and made in Iowa. But they have this weird disk on the stake that is a pain to shove into the ground. Still not sure what it’s purpose.

Both work well.

Top Bottom