Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Website !!!

Heck, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the "new is better" concept?

Anybody seeing any improvements?

Personally, the pages or what ever you call em look boring as hell?

Heres a couple things I believe should be changed.
The white background is plain looking and rather boring. I find it to be very monotonous and tough to concentrate.

Not being able to see what threads YOU haven't viewed is lame. I liked the older one that was bold if you hadn't read it yet

Not having a place to create a new thread inside the topic is a pain as well.

If some of these were mentioned I apologize

Also I miss the dong ads:(

Being colorblind, I HATE IT when text is placed over an image. I've cancelled hunting magazine subscriptions over this. I like the white background for improved contrast.

Like everything in 3 months this will be the new norm and you will forget what it was like. Go through this all the time with new software hate it at first then 4 months later cant live with out it like the changes.

Like everything in 3 months this will be the new norm and you will forget what it was like. Go through this all the time with new software hate it at first then 4 months later cant live with out it like the changes.
Nah, I hear what you're saying, but the navigation and usage has been so negatively impacted by these changes that I don't see that happening here. I predict long time member discussions will continue to drop and activity will continue to fade as a direct result. I believe it's already evident, but it's difficult to tell due to the new layout.

Nah, I hear what you're saying, but the navigation and usage has been so negatively impacted by these changes that I don't see that happening here. I predict long time member discussions will continue to drop and activity will continue to fade as a direct result. I believe it's already evident, but it's difficult to tell due to the new layout.
Disagree....i am here for the knowledge.....if i got to do 1 more click for it i am all good. This site has given me more insight in 2 years than i could have figured out myself in 10 years. Food plots, TSI, CRP, and much more....i am not leaving......

i have a (1) showing in my title bar making me think someone has sent me a Message but i cant find where to check and see those - can anyone help ?

i have a (1) showing in my title bar making me think someone has sent me a Message but i cant find where to check and see those - can anyone help ?
Don't know about phones but on my laptop when I'm on the forum list page towards the top right is a box with my profile pic in it. When I click on that box can see my menu-messages etc.

While I'm back in this thread any chance we can get a button to start a new thread inside of a forum instead of having to back out to the forum list page to do it?

Don't know about phones but on my laptop when I'm on the forum list page towards the top right is a box with my profile pic in it. When I click on that box can see my menu-messages etc.

While I'm back in this thread any chance we can get a button to start a new thread inside of a forum instead of having to back out to the forum list page to do it?
That icon doesnt show me in upper right corner - has a box to click to login but when i click it it says i am already logged in. No way to log out and log in again .

Nextbuk on this. I sent him link to this with above feedback. When he’s able- I’ll see if he can give updates as well. Want it all fixed up. On it!!! Thank u all!!!

Not a fan of the new look. I liked the old layout, the colors etc were just easier to read, flowed better. I wish when I logged in now that page that just automatically came up was the forum page instead of the welcome to iowa whitetail.

No way to start a thread today....?
Main forum page tap the post a thread button it’s on the top. That will bring you to a page that lists all the sub forums click the one you want to post in and start the thread.

I only use my iPhone 99%to get on this site. The notification feature to get PMs , settings should be top priority to get fixed!?

@Sligh1 How do I get to my messages?

I'm logged in, but can't figure out how to navigate within my own account, because it's not available to me. Or at least I can't find where it's located. I'm on my laptop, not phone.

Hi everyone,

You will notice that I reverted the forum theme to the original today. Like you, I have been frustrated with the bugs that were present in the updated one. Let's just say I have been dealing with some personnel issues on my team. Things were launched prematurely and my expectation was that fixes would be done quicker than they have been. Obviously that has not been the case. To top it off, I had scheduled shoulder surgery last Thursday, so things are a bit slower for me right now. Relying on others sometimes bites you.

Where are we going from here? So, the new homepage, store, blog, and videos pages are all still up and running... accessible in the top nav. I will personally triple check the new forum theme updates in the background and they will not be launched publicly again until I am 100% confident in its performance. I cannot promise you that you will like it better than the current one, but the functionality and usability will be there... and we will continue to make this current theme available for anyone that wishes to keep it this way.

I really hope these bumps in the road lately do not affect your willingness to be an active part of the forum here. We really appreciate everyone's input and honest feedback.

On the better news front...not knowing the state of my shoulder come fall, I applied for some rifle hunts out west and drew an AMAZING ELK TAG!!

Thanks again everyone!

70378354324__C1298D81-FCC1-47A9-83FE-81430A27CAC5.HEIC.jpeg

Hi everyone,

You will notice that I reverted the forum theme to the original today. Like you, I have been frustrated with the bugs that were present in the updated one. Let's just say I have been dealing with some personnel issues on my team. Things were launched prematurely and my expectation was that fixes would be done quicker than they have been. Obviously that has not been the case. To top it off, I had scheduled shoulder surgery last Thursday, so things are a bit slower for me right now. Relying on others sometimes bites you.

Where are we going from here? So, the new homepage, store, blog, and videos pages are all still up and running... accessible in the top nav. I will personally triple check the new forum theme updates in the background and they will not be launched publicly again until I am 100% confident in its performance. I cannot promise you that you will like it better than the current one, but the functionality and usability will be there... and we will continue to make this current theme available for anyone that wishes to keep it this way.

I really hope these bumps in the road lately do not affect your willingness to be an active part of the forum here. We really appreciate everyone's input and honest feedback.

On the better news front...not knowing the state of my shoulder come fall, I applied for some rifle hunts out west and drew an AMAZING ELK TAG!!

Thanks again everyone!

View attachment 125088
No worries...........get better..........

Top Bottom