Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NR party hunting to be eliminated

Right. I’m gonna call the dnr to the locker. I’m sure the locker owner would be thrilled. I’m good on the reward. I got plenty of beer money.

Last edited:
Right. I’m gonna call the dnr to the locker. I’m sure the locker owner would be thrilled. I’m good on the reward. I got plenty of beer money.
Either you care enough to do something about or you just want to complain. We have a rule where I am from, you only get to complain once. After that, it's up to you to work on a solution.

Learn to process your own deer if you are worried about putting a locker owner out of business. Get the license plate of the truck that came in overloaded and under tagged. Reporting is too easy to simply turn a blind eye.

Dude you’re a joke. Stay on point. This is about party hunting. It’s a problem across the board. It’s not a NR issue. It’s a party hunting issue. We can talk about the TIP line in another thread.

Dude you’re a joke. Stay on point. This is about party hunting. It’s a problem across the board. It’s not a NR issue. It’s a party hunting issue. We can talk about the TIP line in another thread.
I was trying to keep YOU on point. You continue to confuse party hunting with deer drives. If you want to talk about eliminating deer drives, start another thread.

So based on some of the comments in this what about if they clarify cell cams as using electronic devices to track and monitor deer. Which is absolutely what people do when choosing which stand to sit in or plot to hunt ?
Hearing rumors from Facebook - you know how reliable that can be o_O
They claim that Trail cameras will not be allowed on public land to be left overnight - basically eliminating their use on public.
Supposedly part of this same rule clarification push.

Hearing rumors from Facebook - you know how reliable that can be o_O
They claim that Trail cameras will not be allowed on public land to be left overnight - basically eliminating their use on public.
Supposedly part of this same rule clarification push.
Should be illegal according to the written laws on private then also imo. Cell cams help kill more big deer than any weapon that’s ever been added.

Deer drives and party hunting happen simultaneously. They just do. A party gets together, pools their tags and conducts deer drives. Jesus. If you’re talking about sitting in a blind with a guy who tags your deer , ok. But most parties do drives.

He was on point, you are confusing terms! Party hunting is if all sixteen doe had tags, but may not have been shot by sixteen different hunters. Having deer with no tags has nothing to do with party hunting, it's call poaching and illegal. That same pickup load of deer could be taken to the locker during late ML season, are they considered poached then because party hunting is illegal during that season? You are the one assuming untagged deer is party hunting!

They shot every deer hunting as a party, group, butt buddies , call it what you want. What is so hard about that. The got together, pooled their tags, did deer drives and tagged the deer they could. Are the untagged deer illegal, yes. They didn’t have enough tags. It happened while hunting together as a party. It’s a problem. Everyone shoots and they sort it out later.

Last edited:
Deer drives and party hunting happen simultaneously. They just do. A party gets together, pools their tags and conducts deer drives. Jesus. If you’re talking about sitting in a blind with a guy who tags your deer , ok. But most parties do drives.
Correct that deer drives and party hunting heavily overlap.

In our group, when someone tags a buck they push for the remainder of the drives instead of blocking/shooting. In our group, if we have enough deer by Saturday, we are done and don't hunt Sunday/Monday. And, we know our target number of does before we start. Twice, I have shot four deer in a matter of 20 minutes (1 buck and 3 does each time) and I personally had tags for all of them.

We never shoot more deer than we have tags for even though we process our own deer without the deer ever leaving the section. We often leave multiple tags unfilled and are happy for the "donation" to the DNR

And, I can only think of one time in the past decade anyone tagged two bucks.

What we are doing is working. Everyone who wants venison gets some and we have harvested three 180+ deer in the past decade and three 160+ the past two years. There were sheds from over a dozen bucks on the property this spring.

They shot every deer hunting as a party, group, butt buddies , call it what you want. What is so hard about that. The got together, pooled their tags, did deer drives and tagged the deer they could. Are the untagged deer illegal, yes. They didn’t have enough tags. It happened while hunting together as a party. It’s a problem. Everyone shoots and they sort it out later.
Clearly the group you describe and my group are different. That group has no problem being unethical and breaking laws, changing the rules won't punish them, they will continue to be unethical. However, it will punish our group.

Again, there are means to punish the bad actors. That's where it should start

Well you can blame all this you want on party hunting, but I'd hate to burst your bubble if you think this same group would stop killing deer illegally if party hunting went away! I get you're against party hunting, but doesn't excuse the fact you're classifying poachers and party hunting as the same group.

Well you can blame all this you want on party hunting, but I'd hate to burst your bubble if you think this same group would stop killing deer illegally if party hunting went away! I get you're against party hunting, but doesn't excuse the fact you're classifying poachers and party hunting as the same group.
BINGO!!

This poll is about as credible as a CNN presidential poll ran in Massachusetts.
I think anyone on here will acknowledge the poll isn’t comparable to “general public”’or casual hunters. This crowd is clearly “serious hunters”. Yet, “serious hunters” should also have a voice on any issue. A fishing reg, hunting, farming- whatever …. The serious, “full time”, “experts” or “most experienced” always carry significant weight in any debate. As they should. But I absolutely agree this poll is not, nor meant to be, scientific. ;)

I am not a resident of Iowa but the loophole in the regs was 100% BS. No way you should be able to buy a NR doe tag and kill a buck, it just does not make sense plain and simple.

This may be a step in the direction of eliminating party hunting all together but even if it doesn’t I think this change should have been done. I know of nowhere else for any animal that this is a legal practice.

• Deleted by Windlooker
  • Reason: Because
Show…
Top Bottom