Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Roundup Ready Corn & Soybean Food Plot

Sorry on delay … I would spray the second it’s dry…. Pre-emergents & post emergents since I’m sure you have had rain right? If so- u can get new weeds & get in front of other weeds that haven’t germinated as well. U put any pre’s down?
If not- since they are germinated beans- limits u a bit on what to spray but not bad at all. I’d run 2-3 groups of pre-emergents but that’s me. At bare bones…
post: enlist + gly then bare bones 1 pre: s-metolachlor (dual or brawl for example).
If it were mine…. I’d hit it with couple more pre’s & if u want me to list some more I sure can. Don’t wanna overwhelm with a novel here.
I haven't sprayed yet. I did the burn down with gly and 24d.

3 quarts per and 1 qt for the 24d.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

It’ll be just fine. Most corn flexes pretty well depending on the hybrid. If u go too heavy for population- u get away with a lot more on good rich ground - or fertile bottom ground- which looks like u have. Junky dry clay u will have more issues. Just make sure you do not skimp on N. If N is really good through out season + all other nutrients done right & ur weed control & rain keeps up- u will be sitting GREAT.

Awesome! I put down 120 lbs N when I planted. The agronomist knew this was a food plot, so he didn’t recommend super high. Now that my pop is so high should I add more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! I put down 120 lbs N when I planted. The agronomist knew this was a food plot, so he didn’t recommend super high. Now that my pop is so high should I add more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would. IMO- agronomist did that for “eah- it’s just a plot, save some $”. If it were mine, I’d spread about 60-80 more lbs of actual N per acre (treated urea). Be ideal to do it later in a month but u could do it now as well.

Screenshot_20240526_090806_Gallery.jpg

So I planted my 2 acres of corn this weekend in between rains and was planning to put some pre-emergent down, while emptying my sprayer the nozzle to the tank cracked. So I'm DOA on the pre emergent (atrazine). I won't be back to the property for a few weeks most likely, is there something I can spray at that point that has a decent residual to handle the rest of the growing season? What if I got my sprayer working and could make it down this weekend to spray (a week after working the ground and germinating rains), could I spray gly and atrazine a week post planting?

So I planted my 2 acres of corn this weekend in between rains and was planning to put some pre-emergent down, while emptying my sprayer the nozzle to the tank cracked. So I'm DOA on the pre emergent (atrazine). I won't be back to the property for a few weeks most likely, is there something I can spray at that point that has a decent residual to handle the rest of the growing season? What if I got my sprayer working and could make it down this weekend to spray (a week after working the ground and germinating rains), could I spray gly and atrazine a week post planting?
Was it no till or conventional till?

Conventional tilled to a field that was burned down a few weeks previously.
You have some time. Atrazine has a 12 inch restriction so you are good until the corn is that tall. You could spray roundup pretty much anytime you can get a sprayer over it. I would add dual and callisto if it were me. Just the longer you wait, the bigger the weeds get so it gets tougher to get good coverage and a good kill. How fast and big they come will depend on your weed pressure.

Th
You have some time. Atrazine has a 12 inch restriction so you are good until the corn is that tall. You could spray roundup pretty much anytime you can get a sprayer over it. I would add dual and callisto if it were me. Just the longer you wait, the bigger the weeds get so it gets tougher to get good coverage and a good kill. How fast and big they come will depend on your weed pressure.
Thanks, the co-op was telling me that status would be an option but that looks pretty expensive. My guess is I have a good month before I need to put something on at this point.

Happy Father's Day!

Question. I planted this field in mid-May. Had the neighbor turn it over without herbicide. Time and weather were the reasons. Planted and sprayed two weeks after. These are enlist beans. Two pints per acre of Enlist one and two quarts per acre of Gly. Yesterday, I planted the field again. How long should I wait to spray again?
dc724b94d4679776905291a21e280a10.jpg
94ddeedbe85059978b8bb4d6ae8cb697.jpg
0eb00e4ac5c6e1728c2eab11f9bd4227.jpg
ad1d107f8110c9b59660b77e7794e25a.jpg
c75feab57f3fbe7a6b0ed0817645ce5c.jpg
77b20ba859c99f4d86d145fc28e3dd23.jpg
4e6e28a03549d2b2b67b12b409ed40ac.jpg

If it were MINE…. I’d probably spray it now or after a good rain gets new flush of weeds coming up. I personally would add a couple pre’s…. Ask your local coop for a pre-emergent cocktail u can spray in post emergent application…. Like regular (I believe u can’t do fierce xlt post). Or zidua pro. Or Armezon, etc. One ingredient will likely be s-metolachlor. But that’s just me. U sure can just spray a few sprayings with gly & enlist & be just fine as well. More spraying & more weed pressure is downside. I’d personally spray when weeds are smaller.

If it were MINE…. I’d probably spray it now or after a good rain gets new flush of weeds coming up. I personally would add a couple pre’s…. Ask your local coop for a pre-emergent cocktail u can spray in post emergent application…. Like regular (I believe u can’t do fierce xlt post). Or zidua pro. Or Armezon, etc. One ingredient will likely be s-metolachlor. But that’s just me. U sure can just spray a few sprayings with gly & enlist & be just fine as well. More spraying & more weed pressure is downside. I’d personally spray when weeds are smaller.
Just finished. 8oz of cleth, 2 quarts per acre of gly and 2 pints of Enlist.

Top Bottom