Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Switchgrass

I drilled some RC about 2 weeks ago and have a bad flush of annual grass, not sure if I have any switch coming. Just keep it clipped is my only option? Have some Duracor on hand for the broadleafs if they come

Possibly switch? This could be where I filled my spreader and spilled some. There is also a knob where I turned with my sprayer and the missed spots look like switch coming in. It is becoming apparent that I did something wrong with my chemical. Another hillside where I did everything by hand looks to have a quite a bit coming in. Pretty big too. I planted it earlier as I was never going to be able to get the drill in there. I have Duracor arriving today. It is thick with some sort of pigweed and I need to get on top of it.
58b44a44da59f0e3352f61fed589f87f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly switch? This could be where I filled my spreader and spilled some. There is also a knob where I turned with my sprayer and the missed spots look like switch coming in. It is becoming apparent that I did something wrong with my chemical. Another hillside where I did everything by hand looks to have a quite a bit coming in. Pretty big too. I planted it earlier as I was never going to be able to get the drill in there. I have Duracor arriving today. It is thick with some sort of pigweed and I need to get on top of it.

Not sure.. looks like some crabgrass or other CSGs.

Can you take a closer pic at some of the more vertical / erect grasses? The red bases and faint center pin stripe typically give them away.

Last edited:

That is definitely not switchgrass.

I broadcasted RC on April 19th, sprayed with atrazine after cultipacking. Next day received 3" of rain. Now half the field looks great but the other half appears to be taken over by foxtail. Should I just mow it or is there something I can spray the foxtail that won't harm the switchgrass? Thanks

I broadcasted RC on April 19th, sprayed with atrazine after cultipacking. Next day received 3" of rain. Now half the field looks great but the other half appears to be taken over by foxtail. Should I just mow it or is there something I can spray the foxtail that won't harm the switchgrass? Thanks
Quinclorac will take out the foxtail.

I spray a 18% variety called Quintessential. 64 ounces to the acre with 24 oz per acre MSO (REQUIRED)

Top Bottom